The purpose of Open Source 101 is to cover topics and technologies fundamental to open source, open tech and the open web, and keynotes go one step further – to highlight topics we feel are important enough to be delivered to a plenary audience.
Keynotes at OpenSource 101 on Saturday, February 17 will do just that, and will be delivered by a group of true thought leaders from all over the U.S.
The keynote block will begin at 9:30 am sharp and the 10-12 minute talks will continue until 11:05 am. Speakers and topics will include the following:
- 9:40 am – Intro to Open Source – Jim Jagielski, Apache Software Foundation
- 9:55 am – You want to contribute to open source, but..why? – Vicky VM Brasseur
- 10:10 am – FOSS it up, with Women! – Jigyasa Grover, Women Who Code
- 10:25 am – Transitioning from a closed organization to an open one – Gina Likins, Red Hat
- 10:40 am – Open to Everyone: An Introduction to Accessibility – Sylvia Pellicore, BlueCross NC
- 10:55 am – Heroic and Inspiring Tales of Open Source – Danese Cooper, Paypal