We’ve hosted open source events for more than a decade now and one thing is for certain – attendees love learning from real-life case studies.
While stand-alone sessions are great for highlighting particular technologies and platforms, case-study talks demonstrate how these are actually applied in a real-world setting. And that’s what people are really after at the end of the day. There is value in the application.
The Case Study track at Open Source 101 is tremendous and will feature not only world-class experts, but sessions designed to demonstrate how they’ve applied many of the technologies you use on a consistent basis.
The Case Study track at Open Source 101 will include the following sessions:
- Heroic and Inspiring Tales of Open Source – Danese Cooper, Head of Open Source @ PayPal
- Best Practices in Starting an Open Source Project for Companies – John Mertic, The Linux Foundation
- Get Involved! How Dow Jones & The Wall Street Journal Use Open Source – Vishaal Patil, Dow Jones
- Mainframe Isn’t Dead: How Open Mainframe Project is Enabling the Next Generation of Enterprise Computing – Len Santalucia, Vicom Infinity and John Mertic, Linux Foundation
- Room Detective: A Real-World IoT Solution at Disney – Garth Henson, The Walt Disney Company
- Making the Move to Linux from the Enterprise Perspective – Thomas Panetti, Krumware
- Open Source Applied: Real World Use Cases – Justin Reock, Rogue Wave Software
Registration is just $29 for non-students and $10 for students, and includes all programming and networking socials. Register today before prices go up April 14th!