Can you use social media to create more than a following? Do you want more engaged and active followers as part of your community? During a 7-week sprint, we learned exactly how to do this. While hosting a virtual book club, I organized an effort to host a weekly Twitter Chat on topics around open source leadership over a seven week period. We tried something new each week. We learned something new each week. And we failed a few times.
Find out how we planned and executed the campaign, and how we are continuing to engage with those who participated. This presentation will share:
- Techniques for building community by using social media
- Best practices for promoting and leading a Twitter chat
- Failures from our experience
- How to measure the success of the sprint
- Ideas on how you can use Twitter chats to build community