We started the Open Source 101 series in 2017, and we’re thrilled to be hosting event #8 on Tuesday, March 29 online.
The goal of the conference remains the same as it was in year one – to provide attendees an open source educational and networking on-ramp (or refresher) to better position them to contribute and consume effectively. When more people are contributing and consuming, we all benefit.
We hope you will register and join us on the 29th (it’s FREE).
Virtual / Online Only
Because of COVID and Omicron, Open Source 2022 will be online/virtual only. Safety remains a top priority and this format will allow a truly global audience.
Registration is FREE, thanks to sponsors
We’ve got the best partners in the world, and OS101 will again serve as proof. Attendees won’t pay a dime to register, consume content and network.
What is Open Source 101? Two Minute Video Overview
We recently shot a quick 2 minute overview of the conference and included video footage from past events. We’ll do our best to replicate the in-person experience virtual on the 29th.
Gamification and Cool Prizes Available
The virtual environment will again be gamified this year and some very cool prizes will be up-for-grabs to those competing and accumulating points. We hope this adds a fun and engaging element for everyone, and it certainly has when we’ve done it in the past.
40+ expert speakers will deliver content
We’re grateful some of the top technologists in the world will deliver sessions in 2022.
Community Manager, Layer5
CEO & Co-founder, Percona
DevRel Engineer, Appwrite
Distinguished Engineer, IBM
Senior Developer Advocate, GitHub Security Lab
Sr. Manager, Mozilla Hubs, Mozilla
40+ sessions will be featured. These will be a combination of 10 minute keynotes, 45 and 90 minute sessions. Talks can generally be categorized as technologies or processes.
Just a few include…
- Blender 101: How to Use It (extended 90 minute session)
- FOSS Virtual & Augmented Reality
- NodeJS API testing at HBO Max using WireMock-Captain
- Cloud Infrastructure Management and Security with Open Source Technology
- A Visual Introduction to Apache Kafka
- Anyone can build the metaverse – so let’s build it together!
- An Introduction to Kubernetes and Continuous Delivery Fundamentals
- Blockchain for Developers Intro
- Deploying open data services in Kubernetes
- Functional Web Apps – The revenge of dynamic web apps
- Application modernization demystified
- DevOps, 12-Factor, and Open Source
- Open Source instead of Outsource your Database
- GitOps, Flux & Why You Should Care
- How to Attract Contributors To Your Open Source Project
- A Maintainer-First Approach to Open Source Security
- Open Source Software Licenses & Business Models Explained
- Understanding Open Source Supply-Chain Security
- How to get your PR reviewed
- Upstream code quality: making open source work out of the box
- Building an open company around an open source project
- Calling all non-code contributors!
- Establishing an incentivised partners programme in an open source project
- Writing Commits for You, Your Friends, and Your Future Self
- Quality over Quantity; Best Practices for an Effective Open Source Contribution
- Open Source Standards: Toward a More Diverse and Equal Internet
- Open Source Developers Make Tech More Trustworthy
- Document, or it didn’t happen
Please note, you’ll be redirected to the 6Connex registration page. Simply click “Click here to register” and proceed.