We’re using the Hopin.to platform
We’re excited to use a brand new platform to host the upcoming Open Source 101 at Home conference – Hopin.to.
Hopin describes itself as “the first all-in-one live online events platform where attendees can learn, interact, and connect with people from anywhere in the world”, and we’ve found it to be easy to use thus far. We’ve also found the user interface to be easy to navigate and intuitive, which will be great for attendees.
We have included information below for anyone that might register for and attend Open Source 101 at Home taking place Tuesday, May 12.
- After registering for Open Source 101 in Eventbrite, we (the All Things Open team) will import that registration information into Hopin on Monday, May 11 once registration is closed. The import will then trigger a direct email to attendees. Attendees will receive an email from Hopin inviting them to access the Hopin site and the Open Source 101 conference and related content.
- After clicking on the link in the email attendees will be promoted to create a short Hopin profile, which is what attendees will see on the site during the conference.
- Attendees can access the full conference site on Hopin.to beginning Tuesday, May 12 at 11:00 am EDT. Prior to that time only the “Reception” area of the Open Source 101 conference on Hopin.to can be accessed – not the full site.
- Beginning at 11:00 am EDT on Tuesday the full site on Hopin.to will be accessible. Attendees are encouraged to visit the Expo Hall and to network until official programming begins at 11:45.
- On Tuesday, May 12 official programming will begin at 11:45 am EDT on the “Main Stage” with a quick welcome, sponsor thank you’s and a schedule overview. Keynote talks will begin at approximately 11:55 am EDT – 12 noon EDT.
- A complete schedule can be found here and a pdf version can be found here (link to the pdf version Megan provided). Note, programming will wrap up by 5:00 pm EDT.
Anyone interested or with questions can contact us directly at email@example.com.