Round 1 Speakers + Sessions
We’re thrilled to announce Round 1 Speakers for Open Source 101 2023.
Each and every one of the technologists and thought leaders below are incredibly well respected and bring a tremendous amount of subject matter expertise to the conference. We’re honored to host them.
Everyone below will also be live and in-person in downtown Charlotte on March 23.
Register now to attend sessions and meet them face-to-face.
Sessions To Be Featured
Although the official schedule will be released next week on Tuesday, February 14, the following sessions will be featured:
- Introduction to Kubernetes
- Machine Learning with Apache Beam
- Comparing OSS Package Management Tools for Polyglot Stacks
- An Introduction to Cloud Native Technologies
- Why are people developing inside containers?: How Codespaces takes containerization to the next level
- Kubernetes Security 101: Best Practices to Secure your Cluster
- Introduction to Rust: Systems Programming for the Modern Developer
- Building Web Applications without a Framework
- Service Meshes 101
- Getting your website into the cloud using open source technologies (workshop)
- Observability For You and Me with openTelemetry
Process & Case Studies
- Becoming an Open Source Contributor (workshop)
- Challenges of Spark Applications coexisting with NoSQL databases (case study)
- Documentation that developers love
- Establishing a code of conduct and response team for your global open source project
- Getting started with good first issues
- Marketing your open source project
- Web Accessibility: Why, How and What
- A Distributed (Open Source) Intelligence Vision for the Electric Grid (case study)
- How to keep an open-source app together with commercial products?
- Bootstrapping an Open-Source Program Office at Blue Cross NC (case study)
- Accelerating Your Open Source Contribution Journey with Cloud Development Environments