Sessions, by Track
While you can see the 2023 schedule in grid format here, we understand the preferable search for many is by track.
Many are interested in a particular topic area, and choose sessions accordingly.
Sessions to be featured March 23 are included below by track.
*Please note, keynote sessions and a few additional sessions will be added to the schedule in the next week or so, so stay tuned.
- Why are people developing inside containers?: How Codespaces takes containerization to the next level – Rizel Scarlett, GitHub
- A Whirlwind Tour of Rust: Systems Programming for the Modern Developer – Ben Striegel, Rust Community Manager
- Documentation that developers love – Gloria Asuquo
- Building Web Applications without a Framework – Simon MacDonald, Begin
- How to get your website into the cloud using open source technologies (extended 90 minute session) – Kerim Satirli, Hashicorp
Technology 1 Track
- An Introduction to Cloud Native Technologies – Brad Topol, IBM
- A Guided Tour of Istio Ambient Mesh – Lin Sun, Solo.io
- Cloud of Serfdom vs Cloud of Freedom: why open source will win in the Cloud age – Peter Zaitsev, Percona
- Machine Learning with Apache Beam – Danny McCormick, Google
- Observability For You and Me with openTelemetry – Eric Schabell, Chonosphere
- Accelerating Your Open Source Contribution Journey with Cloud Development Environments – Vishal Pallerla, DevZero
Technology 2 Track
- Introduction to Kubernetes (extended 2.5 hour session workshop) – Brent Laster, SAS and Tech Skills Transformations LLC
- Introduction to Kubernetes Security (Extended Session) – Marc Boorshtein, Tremolo Security
- From Nix to Docker – Everything You Need to Know About Polyglot (Open Source) Package Management – Julien Urraca, flox
- Zero to Open Source Contributor (extended 90 minute session) – Keegan Campbell, GitHub
- Creating scalable community programs
- Establishing a code of conduct and response team for your global open source project – Angela Jin, Automattic, Inc.
- The Mystical Nature of Open Source Marketing – Swarna Podila
Case Study/Projects Track
- Challenges of Spark Applications coexisting with NoSQL databases – Gokul Prabagaren, CapitalOne
- Zen and the Art of Organizational Open Source – Paula Paul, Nearform
- A Distributed Intelligence Vision for the Electric Grid – Dwayne Bradley, Duke Energy
- Bootstrapping an Open-Source Program Office at Blue Cross NC – Paul McLaughlin, BlueCross BlueShield NC
- Open Source Stories: Beginnings – Sharan Foga, Instaclustr by NetApp
- How to keep an open-source app together with commercial products? – Tatiana Krupenya, dBeaver Corporation